Fédération Française de Diffusion Neutronique
The 2FDN federation was created to face the future challenges related to the changes of the French and European landscape in neutron scattering science.
The main objective of this research federation is to bring together all professionals working in the field of neutron scattering to define the contours of a future strategy around research using neutron scattering. This implies to keep and extend the current competences in order to answer the societal stakes through an excellent and innovative research and training, adapted to the mutation of the French and European neutron instruments, and to support the users’ needs.
The federation’s missions:
- Organize a common call for experimental proposals on the french beamtime
- Increase access for the French community to beam time, support development projects in neutron instrumentation
- Establish a roadmap for French neutronics
- Formation of the new generation of neutron scientists
- Meet the needs of the users represented by the Société Française de Neutronique
The last bulletin
Call for proposals
The next call is open and will close on February 15th, 2024.
The instruments accepting proposals are : IN13, D1b, D23, IN12 et IN22.
Users reimbursements on the page Demande de temps de faisceau
2nd French-Swiss Meeting 'SANS for Soft Matter'
The meeting will take place on the 24th and 25th of January 2024 at the PSI Auditorium building.
Abstract submission deadline: 10th November 2023
Visit the webpage of the workshop.